Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Run Disney


I have been sort of absent form my blog for quite some time, mostly because of this little man. Whew forgot how much time is taken up by, feedings, baths and just playing around with him. Its really hard when he goes down for a nap, I try to shove all the things I need to do/ want to do. He sleeps for two two hour naps and I try to shove; dishes, laundry, cleaning up the house, sewing, gardening, exercising and showering, then if I am lucky and still have time I read. So yea blogging tends to fall below my radar.




So yea, exercising the other big thing in my life that is taking up my time, thoughts and anxiety.... Pete and I signed up for the Disneyland half marathon that is over the Labor Day weekend. I have not run since I was in high school and had to. I am a great walker, and I like to bike and do aerobics, but really I am a homebody that likes to spend her time doing crafts and reading so this is huge for me. I started on this to get rid of the baby weight, and then the cupcake weight as I call it since I was pretty overweight when I got pregnant. When I started I could barely run a 16 minute mile, and now I am up to a 12 minute mile, and I can keep it up for about 3-4 miles. This is huge for me. Unfortunately my goal is a 10 minute mile and a half is for over 13 miles, in comes the anxiety! But hopefully I will be able to accomplish my goals, there is a little light in there, it does seem to be getting easier. I picked the Disneyland half marathon (mostly because my sister was signing up for it already) but Pete has been trying forever to get me interested in running and has always promised me whatever I want if I would just start, so I went with the most expensive run I could find, and we will get a family trip to Disneyland to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment