Monday, May 24, 2010

Vegas - Savior of the World

I know that I am super behind in my blogging and I am trying to catch up as much as I can. I had a friend say "oh I read your blog and you are always so busy!" - Really? Apparently I need to start blogging about the days where I wear my work out clothes all day (for lack of a shower) and watch a mini series all day. - That would show how stimulating my life really is. hehe. Anyways, enough of the rant. Cadence was off track and we filled a good 4-5 days in Vegas. It was a good distraction for us, and also Kris (my sister) was in a musical called The Savior of the World. So all in all we had some good reasons to go for a road trip.

This is Cadence (above) with her Cousin, who is only 6 but the two got along really well. Not sure who that speaks more about. This little dress she has on is one I made her for her birthday, cute huh?


Our days were filled with leisure, and I loved it! The second day we were there it reached 90 - and we went swimming. This was Cadence's main goal for going - to swim. The other days I should mention, were blustery and windy and overcast, but the Cadence still swam, just without me.



I know Kris felt apologetic for being so busy while we were there, but we did not mind at all. We ate out at super yummy restaurants, went shopping, I read an entire book, and I might have even snuck in a little nap. I would never have been able to do those things at home, I would be too concerned with garden, house etc. It was a great relaxing time!


The main reason for our trip was to see Kris sing in the LDS musical Savior of the World. I was really proud of Kris for auditioning for something and taking a chance. The musical is focused on the people around Jesus, chronicling his arrival and his departure, it was very moving.



I was really impressed, the musical was well done, professional and featured a lot of great voices. And yes these photos were taken during the show with my flash photography, so bad, but I got a great shot of my sister, and of the ensemble cast in the final song.



No comments:

Post a Comment