Friday, July 13, 2012

Little Man's First Birthday

Our little man turned one. I know it is a cliche, but man time flies by so fast. I can't even believe we have had this little guy in our lives for a whole year. We wanted to celebrate his birthday - without going to over board, but I think I have a little protege in the girl. She immediately wanted to know what the theme was and wanted to plan games. I kept telling her over and over again that this was not a regular party - he is only one. But I thought it turned out cute to make the theme be "Little man" since that is what we call him.

 I had homemade mustache banners above the doors so the adults would have something fun to do - try and name the famous mustache. I thought it turned out pretty good, I even added a picture of grandpa in the mix.
 Birthday balloon wreath I made (super easy). This way we can get it out for every ones birthday.

 Besides the homemade cupcakes, I made birthday cake rice crispies (actually cake flavored - what did I do before pinterest?)
 Auntie Lana having fun with the  stick on mustaches, we had a lot of fun with these.
 And Cadence made mustache straws for people to drink with.


 Daddy bought Fin an adorable circus tent from ikea - that the cousins immediately ran into and started wrestling.
 Cadence made a pin the mustache on Fin game for the cousins to play, as well as a tie toss game.
 We also had finger mustache tattoos, but cadence skipped the finger and went straight for the face.
 Fin would not taste his cupcake, not one bite touched his lips, he smashed it up good, but wouldn't eat it.
But it didn't take him long to figure out this present thing.


Mom's favorite present was a handmade quilt by grammy for his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment