Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Homemade Cupcakes (from scratch!)

This is the cutest little cupcake stand ever that my dear husband bought for me for Christmas, even though I already had one, but isn't it adorable? I love it! Knowing my bug for cupcakes lately my sister in Law asked me to bring cupcakes to Annie's (other sister in law) baby shower. yes she is having a boy and will be named Gabriel.
I tried to get a shot of these cute polka dot cupcake liners that I got from the Bake it Pretty website. Also I made these cupcakes from scratch, only the second time I have done this, the prognosis is that I did not overly love the cupcakes themselves, they were tasting, but a little dry for my taste, in the future I would change up the recipe, but the frosting..... I am over the moon in love with this chocolate frosting recipe. I will share it with you, and yes it is one of Martha's. - How can you go wrong with something that has butter, cream cheese and sour cream? And for those of you that are skeptics, the sour cream gives it the right amount of tanginess to counter act all that chocolate.

Ingredients

  • 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 18 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream

Directions

  1. Sift sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a large bowl. Put cream cheese and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add sugar mixture; mix until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in chocolate and sour cream. Use immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment