Monday, April 12, 2010

argh cookies!

Dear Emily,

If it wasn't for the fact that I promised to give you my very last box of Samoas chilling in my freezer, I would have eaten them last night. So maybe thanks, or maybe not.
Laura


The story on those stupid cookies? Being the Cookie manager this year for our troop, has led me to gain 10 pounds, yep 10. Why would the position of cookie manager be the cause? Oh because having a mountain of boxes in my front room just proved too tempting for me. Last year I ordered like 15 boxes of cookies, and sure enough, when I delivered the boxes, people would say oh I need two more or what ever, and I just gave them from my stash. This year however, when people said this I had over 400 boxes in my living room for cookie booths, and so the extra ones came from there, not me, leaving me with all the cookies to eat that I wanted, (and could pay for!) so yea, now I find myself with 10 pounds to battle. (wouldn't be so bad, if I didn't already have the 15 to start with) eek!
So another thank you to Emily who told me her family was doing a biggest loser challenge, where everyone put into the pot and the winner takes all. So my husband and I decided to do this, just with each other, for three months and we each put in a $100 - it has to be big enough that I want it badly. Since I barely make money this is huge for me and a big motivator, of course beating the pants of my husband won't be bad either. He has already put in his two cents that he wont win, but I told him he will still win, even if he looses 100 bucks. First of all he will have a healthier sexier wife, and also I will be better about cooking healthier and turning down fast food, so that will help him wither he wants to or not. So wish me luck, I won't likely talk about it again, until I win - since I am a typical girl who doesn't like to talk about my weight. But I guess there is a big shout out to Emily for influencing me when she didn't even know it.

1 comment:

  1. I was soooo relieved not to be cookie mom this year! Its a hazard that comes with the job.. :) But good luck with your contest.. beat Pete!!!

    ReplyDelete