Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Would you want to sit on this guys lap? Or would this bunny give you nightmares? It seems like a costume out of a bad horror film, but oh well, I guess I am the only one who would think so. This is the Legacy Retirement Building's annual Easter Egg Hunt (at Grandma Lucy's). I tried to tell Cadence she was a tad to old for this, this year, but no she really wanted to go. So I consented, but then when we were waiting in line to get her picture taken, she turns to me and says "aren't I too old to get my picture with the Easter bunny?" Um No! I told her seriously if you are too old then you are too old for egg hunts, that shut her up in a hurry.
This was after the hunt, that lasted about 30 seconds, Cadence's face seems to say "that's it, there's no more?"
She still had Sunday's egg hunt to look forward to and as I told my husband, he seems to be distorting the meaning of Easter more and more each year. This year in lieu of candy Pete put little slips of paper in the eggs representing dollar values. (he put the slips in cuz he didn't want to risk loosing an egg in the house with a 10$ bill in it or something. He then gave Cadence 2 hours to search. He originally gave her 3 but then quickly cut it down when she was really giving him a run for his money. She was pulling everything out of the cupboards, dragging a chair around to look in all the high shelves and drawers and the floor lamps, she even pulled out the vent in the ceiling, (which rewarded her with an egg). End of the story...$35 dollars later, I am impressed, Pete is a little bit disappointed since he thought it was harder. Really are you supposed to be disappointed about this? Then he says "Next year I think I will put a $100 bill in one single egg and make it the hardest ever!" hmm seems to me he is coming away from the "Easter spirit" a bit here, I asked him if maybe there was something wrong with his Easter hunt if it was charged with animosity. Something for him to think about over the year.

Later we went to Grammy's house for Easter dinner (Yum!). And this cute picture seems to capture it all. April Dover in Grammy's backyard. Good thing I snapped the picture before she chucked the eggs on the ground!

Of course there was plenty of chicken chasing!




Then Cadence had to catch one so that April could pet the chickens. Very cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment