Saturday, March 27, 2010

Teaching 3 Year Olds


So I was trying to think up what to do with my Sunday School class tomorrow since we will not be there next week on Easter. I figure tomorrow better be the Easter lesson. I teach three year olds. Should be enough said right there, but can you guess how I much I want to teach three year olds about Christ's Crucifixion and then the Resurrection. Yea so I started surfing the web and turned to my old trusty web site http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/ Sugar Doodle - an LDS website with awesome lesson helps, I use it regularly and would recommend it. However today I found this picture and yes it was entitled "Edible Tombs" I had to click on it cause surely that is not Christ's tomb made out of a Hostess Snowball....and a pink one to boot!!! OMG! And I really hate those kind of acronyms but I am at a loss for words! I started to read thinking there must be something more to this then just having them decorate a tomb with frosting, but no, it is just that, but what killed me was the first line "A great activity that teaches the true meaning of Easter" What? is the true meaning of Easter that the tomb was cream filled and Jesus could have eaten his way out? Sorry Sunbeams but we are not making an edible tomb tomorrow, you will just have to stick to bedazzling plastic eggs and wondering what that has to do with Jesus.

2 comments: