Thursday, April 15, 2010

Religious Headbands?

I got so excited today when I stumbled across this seller on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/GarlandsOfGrace They seem like the most feminine, sweet headbands. Don't they just seem so delicate and sweet? (I know I used sweet twice - my internal thesaurus is not working).
I was struck by the simplicity and sophistication in their headbands and instantly put them on my favorites list, but then I noticed in one of the pictures that this one (above) the headband actually stretches out flat and wider to be more of a head cover. Hmm that's kind of odd, not as cute as it ruched up. So I looked at more pics and their store intro, and yea they are a religious head covering site.

Doesn't make this sweet rosette clip (above) any less cute, but there were quite a few of these (below) "snoods" yea I have never heard of that word - hmm, there are a few scripture quotes on their site and they attribute their modest head coverings for their love of the lord. I am a little confused by this, since most of them seem really fashionable and modern, but the religious over tone kind of throws me. I still want one of those lace stretchy ones (first picture) and the prices are great - like $15, I just seem to get thrown off when some one is blatantly religious in a selling format. I'm sure there is a skit about that somewhere, how even religious people are uncomfortable with religion in public. I guess more power to them cause I still want one.






1 comment:

  1. totally want a snood.. okay or maybe just the flowers.. not sure what the religious refrence is all about.. but they are cute!

    ReplyDelete