Sunday, May 8, 2011

Excalibur Nursery

Pete requested a knights and dragon themed baby nursery. And let me tell you, there is pretty much nothing that fits that theme! Maybe a princess theme but not for boys! I kind of wanted a retro rocket ship theme, but I am really glad we went with this theme - I think it turned out so great! The room is really tiny though and we bought really big furniture! From our first remodel 3 years ago I painted this room a very pale blue, the rug and some funky mirrors are original to that remodel as well. This was my craft room (boo) but now it is a sweet little room for the little monster.

The first item we had was that awesome knight on the wall, that I brought back from Grandma Dee's house. After the funeral we were all allowed to pick a few mementos to keep in our house, and I knew that knight would be top of my list! So glad that it works so well - but I think it really set the tone for the rest of the room.



Next we bought this canvas print from Costco - so perfect and the orange is mirrored in the rug and in the piping of the bedding.


I put up these kingly crown hooks - where I will hang a dragon picture the girl colored for the room and maybe a photo of the baby.


This great wall decal is vinyl - in black and grey and came in 5 different pieces that I put back together - I wish I had hung the shelf first though, since it needed to be on studs - oh well too late. I need to get a changing pad and cover to go on top of this dresser.



Closet - nothing too spectacular, the walls were really crooked! We had purchased new doors but they looked awful, since they didn't line up very well, so I opted for a lime green curtain. That basket on the floor is full of boy fabric for future projects I have in mind.



The crib! I am in love with this bedroom set (all be it gigantic). The bedding is all made from a line of fabric called Castle Peeps by Lizzie House. I loved it and instantly bought it all up to make this room complete. I love a patch worky look and so I used that idea on the curtains and the pillow. The fitted sheet was super easy to make and is my favorite of the fabric (little shields). The bumper pad thing though was another story - I made it way too hard and I didn't use a pattern - since I thought how hard could that be anyways? But then I kept adding things to it, like orange pipping, and rounded corners - a little too complicated when you are pregnant and things don't really make sense - oh well, just don't look at it too closely- not my best work.



Closer look at those darn bumper pads - really cute fabric huh? Love the little castle subjects.


So yea that is the Excalibur knights and dragon nursery, I think it turned out so cute - I just need to figure out some kind of mobile - since they don't sell one in this theme and I am resigned that I will need to make my own, and making my own stuffed dragons right now seems a little daunting.















No comments:

Post a Comment