Monday, July 27, 2009

Island Park Idaho

So, Pete's sister organized a summer family vacation in Island Park, Idaho, which is about 20 miles away from the west entrance of Yellowstone. Pete and I have stayed there about 4 times in our marriage and so we usually have a good time. So with the help of a different (awesome) sister who thankfully watched Sushi for us, we packed up the four wheelers and headed out to Idaho. This long weekend did not disappoint! The best feature was that the weather never went above 80 degrees! We floated down a lazy (very lazy very slow!) river, played games, went to the Grizzly Bear Discovery Center, saw Old Faithful and rode our four wheelers all around Lake Henry.

The four wheeling was amazing! We went at about 8 at night right after it had rained - so no choking on dust and found this little trail that was gorgeous - full of wild flowers - of course I didn't have my camera, but let me just say; I stood all amazed, or sat going 30 miles an hour.

On our way back we drove through Jackson Hole - a first for me and again no pictures. This was quite a cool little town! Definitely on my "to visit list" for the future. We then drove through Afton, for memories sake for Pete (hometown and all) and I have to say that the extra hour detour was quite worth it! The drive through Wy was beautiful and calm - no other cars on the road. I really had flash backs of driving with my parents when they would take the long route just for the view, and they would talk about every building they saw, and I would be sitting in the back dying, just wanting to be home. Thank goodness for car DVD players!

So hopefully I am adding a slide show of the pictures I did take.....

2 comments:

  1. wow.. the trip looks great and the blog set up looks fanstastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have pictures of a trip with the in-laws, and the accompanying song is "Know Your Enemy." Love it!

    ReplyDelete