Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cadence-isms

So I put these curlers in Cadence's hair one Sunday for church, she looked at herself in the mirror and said "Hi, I'm Grammy, and I have perfect grammar!" I'm not sure about the grammar part, (although my mom is a stickler for proper grammar and Cadence must have picked up on that) but I hope it is not an insult - just very funny. Also the curlers are so my mom!

The next Sunday, Cadence got invited to a Pioneer Day Party. Now this is a little bit more of a deal here in Utah then I remember it growing up in Ca, people apparently get into it here (which is great). The invitation said though "wear your pioneer dress and bonnet". To which Cadence replied "I don't have a pioneer dress. I will just have to wear my Indian costume." I bit my lip to choke back the laugh and wondered if I should clue her in on the inappropriateness of this. Luckily we were in Idaho on the day of the party so it was a non-issue.


1 comment: