Monday, August 3, 2009

The Relief from the Heat

Today is 99 degrees and apparently I stop working at about 90 degrees, all I can think about is relief from the heat...Pete says a pool is out of the question. So I saw an add for Sonics cream slush for 99 cents. Thinking what a steal, I veered off the road and into a Sonic. Do you have a Sonic in your neighborhood? I really have not been a fan before, but let me tell you - deliciousness awaits you there. After our initial disappointment to find out that the cream slush was only 99 cents after 8 - we ordered anyways and found out that they have a plentitude of frozen wonderness. You can order any soda with a soft serve vanilla ice cream float - yummy, so Pete ordered the classic Root beer float, Cadence got the cream slush (watermelon) which is a slushie mixed with soft served ice cream, now I am not a fan of Slushies (say it's not so!) but this is awesome! Finally I ordered a cherry limeade chiller (as pictured above) which is their signature Cherry Limeade (and no I do not work for sonic - although they do wear roller skates there...) mixed with soft serve vanilla - heaven on earth! can not say enough about this goodness. They also have strawberry limeade and regular limeade chillers - not as good.
So trust me if you need some relief drive over to Sonic - after 8 is cheaper, believe me it is tasty - I should know I have gone three nights in a row now.

No comments:

Post a Comment