Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fashions that Come an Go


The other night I was working a party for a recent high school graduate, so there were a lot of 18 year old kids (a lot!). Most of the teenagers were really annoying. Reconfirms no to any time traveling options. So I commented on how some off them looked really obnoxious, which spun off a discussion in the back about which new styles are offensive to the eye. Me, being the oldest is saddened by the fact that I am seeing styles come back that were bad when I was younger. So these girls start talking about some kind of shoe that they hate, to which I respond with "the what kind of shoe? What are you talking about?" They looked at me like I was an alien and asked "where have you been?" To which I reply - "In West Valley being a mother apparently."

Really made me think about how far I have come. Most times I am lucky if I am brushed, cleaned and smelling pretty (sounds like my dog right?). Anywho I wanted to share the latest addition to my closet. This fabulous sweater Pete bought for me, it is reversible and it is from a designer called Nikita, I dunno maybe this is a household name, but I have just found it out and I really like what they have to offer. Here is a hint though; Pete bought this for me from Amazon and it was way, way cheaper then I am finding it now on the website. Pete and I have a thing for hoodies and jackets, we seem to be suckers for them, or maybe I am and he just indulges me, can't wait until it gets cold enough to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment