Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cold Chicken Satay Noodles

Mmm yummy! This has been our new favorite summer meal. Love the cold pasta option for the hot days - and this is loaded with veggies so I can feel good about it too!
This is a Rachel Ray recipe and I am sorry it does not take me 15 minutes, maybe with a full kitchen staff that preps everything for me first. Anyways hope you like it, I do not really follow the recipe for the sauce, I tend to double up on everything so that it is super coated, and I add extra peanut butter, but try it out see what you think.

1. Bring one pound of whole wheat spaghetti to a boil and cook according to the directions.

2. While that is boiling whisk together - 1/3 Cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
2 Tablespoons honey (at this point I microwave it for about 20 seconds to warm up the honey and peanut butter)
1/4 C. hot water
1/4 C. Tamari (aged soy sauce)
1 garlic clove minced
1 Tablespoon hot sauce (pretty important for the "kick" so if you double up peanut butter, add a little extra hot sauce)
3 Tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil

3. Drain off the pasta and mix with dressing in a large bowl.

4. Add chopped veggies which include;
4 green onions, a carrot shredded, a handful of cilantro, half a bag of spinach (washed). I chopped this all up to the same size and mix in with noodles and dressing

5. Then add shredded chicken meat - from a (store bought) rotisserie chicken - recipe says to top each portion with the chicken, but I just add it all in together since I like the dressing so much. Then top with 1/4 Cup of chopped peanuts. Voila yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment