Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School - Yea!!!


Third grade, holy cow I have an old child! Third grade is the big time, I remember when I was a kid, third grade was the ruler of the lower elementary. I felt like king of the hill (little hill). Cadence's school though does not separate the lower elementary kids from the older like my school did, so I do not know if this is quite as big a deal as I think it is. Her teacher did stress that this is a whole new ball game, that third grade meant taking on more responsibilities and learning cursive.
Cadence did wake up at 6:45 (she does not open her eyelids till well after 9 usually). She hopped out of bed and was so excited to pick out a new outfit (thanks to her Grandma Lucy), and pack her new Kermit the frog bag. She asked me to put her hair in these two buns (we have never done this before) and I can bet what her hair will look like after school! Oh well good intentions.
I hope for the best year for my child, that she will not fight me over homework, that she will try her hardest and push herself harder (she is intolerably lazy and is just fine getting good grades and not trying at all - can't really blame her, sort of a family trait, but I still hope she will overcome it and want to beat her own good grades.) I hope she has good friends and learns to listen to the teacher and won't be too naughty!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. its hard to believe she is growing up...she is too cute.. here's to another year!!!

    ReplyDelete