Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FJ Love

In our family, we are totally Toyota snobs, (reason being is a long rather boring explanation) and I personally have always wanted a FJ Cruiser. Okay not always but probably since the first time I saw one about 4 years ago or so. Well, knowing how I have pined over this vehicle, my sweet dear husband, goes out and buys one for HIMSELF!!! So yes he has had the blue one below for a year or two now and we really do love it.

This weekend though we came across this little beauty (above) the original Toyota Cruiser - so cute huh? And it is blue like ours! Look at the cute little white top! We immediately thought about how awesome it would be to buy one and restore it, our cruisers could be like "companions" as my daughter puts it.

Then I started thinking back to when I was in high school and my dream car was a mail truck. Yep I know average teenage dream, I loved the shape of the mailman's car. I even took pictures of the mailman's truck and had them up in my room, I would dream about how I would paint it, and what I would put in the back - something cool like bean bags. Years later I found out that my dad actually invested time into looking at auto sales of them and reading up on what you would have to do to convert them to regular use - very touching. Anywho, why the tangent on mail trucks? Well this little blue cruiser instantly reminded me of, you guessed it; a mail truck! Wow I had style way back when I didn't even know it. I guess I was destined to love a cruiser.



1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed this post.. I think I was on vacay... I love the cruiser.. and the FJ.. i however did not want a mail truck.. but had my eyes on a ford taurus station wagon.. don't know what I was thinking.. but its funny that I wasn't the only one imagining my future car.. my dad still has his yellow Toyota Land Crusier.. which he is constantly working on the rebuilding part.. not as fun..your FJ is way better!!!

    ReplyDelete