Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome Fall (a few days late I know!)


So this is how I celebrate Fall - by picking my orange pumpkins! Yea, I know my front walk here is looking a little shabby, the heat has killed a lot of flowers, but the plants are still alive so I just can't bear to winterize my pots yet.
I was going to leave the pumpkins for a while, but the two biggest started getting some white crud on the outside, not sure what that is about, so I picked them quick. The one on the left; we call him lumpy. I thought there would be no way that I would get enough pumpkins from my vine since I usually buy at least 10 every year, but... I have like 4-5 more green ones on the vine, not to mention the 4-6 pumpkins that are growing in the neighbor's yard. That's right, my vine is stretched out four ways like 12 feet in each direction, right through the fence into 3 neighbors yards and there are big fat pumpkins taunting me from their side of the fence. Curses! Actually I told them they could keep whatever grows in their yard, my treat, uh huh Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment