Monday, September 21, 2009

Pink, Pink Girly Baby Shower

I helped put on a baby shower for my Sister in Law who is having a girl after having two boys. She wanted it pink, pink, pink and very girly!
I don't know if it is fortunate or not for my Sister in laws that I am such a freak about parties (since I do do it as my day job) I sort of jumped right in and started taking over. We held the shower in another Sister in Laws newly finished basement, which was gorgeous, also the walls were blank, perfect for my decor. I made this little felt banner with the baby's name on it - Sophie Paige, thankfully this matched the baby's room colors perfectly so she can take it home and put it up in the nursery. This was really easy to make and I think it turned out super cute, gave me other ideas....

Here is where my planning and penchant for procrastinating kind of hurts me, at the last minute I had my husband grab some Christmas lights out of our storage and I didn't realize that only the top one was white and the rest were red! Oh well, so here is the (ghetto fab) entrance. I guess it could have been worse, like green.


And the buffet! Now, nothing is more girly and soft than a carousel horse! My husband might have thought I was crazy lugging this thing over but I feel like it really adds a sweet touch. And in case you are wondering, some of these things were borrowed from my job, I do not have a carousel horse on hand.



I made tags for the buffet, we had a little bit of a pot luck going on, but everything tasted so good! I used baby food jars (washed) for votives and put little pink tea lights in them.



Here is the cupcake tower! Very cute if I say so myself. I put different pink ribbons around the edges and then I made little sticks to go in them. I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (dyed light pink of course!) from scratch which I had never done before, but I think they turned out delicious! I was wanting to do a cupcake tower, because what is more girly, I just couldn't decide on the tower. I was really torn between this Wilton one and the metal one from Costco. I went with this one for the versatility, but now I really want the other one too! I am horrible about that kind of stuff!


For beverages I did a cucumber water, and Watermelon Italian Creme Sodas, which I think was a big hit.





For games I got some good ideas from a co-worker and made up this animal embryo guessing game. Might seem a little gross, but I thought it fit my animal loving sister in law. Also I made up a Celebrity Baby game, where I put celebrity heads on babies bodies. It was sort of easy, but looked rather funny. Also we played Pregnancy Mad Libs and few other games. I tried to steer away from the normal games that had been over done, but some of them might have been too hard. Sorry.



And here is a photo of my three pregnant Sister in Laws. Yes you heard right 3!! I might have a few more posts in the future on baby showers.












1 comment: