Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fish Lake - Camping

Last weekend our family, with a few other Fords, went camping at Fish Lake in Utah. I of course did not bring my camera! So the fun, the smores the four wheeling will have to just be a memory. Sigh. I will say though that the weather was beautiful - 75 during the day and 50 or so at night, nice and cool so the sleeping bag feels good and not so hot. The above picture is from somebody else's camping trip album. I sure hope they had fun.

I thought I would add this picture though, I think it was from Memorial Day Weekend of 2007. This picture still counts because it was taken at Fish Lake, and this was Cadence's first fishing experience. Pete and I were so proud of her this day - She was so excited about how big her fish was that she grabbed it and held on to it and pulled the hook out, only to realize how slimy and gross the fish was and wouldn't touch it again for the picture. Afterwards, Pete cleaned the fish and cut it up and breaded it and fried it over the fire and Cadence ATE IT. If you know my child at all this is a miracle, sure she loves fried food, but she ate a fish that she saw swimming around first, I wouldn't even do that, but she was so jazzed about eating her fish.

So yea I wanted to add that little memory. No fishing this trip, just mostly relaxing, game playing, dutch oven cooking and a little four wheeling. We don't want to be burned out on the four wheeling since we are going to Daniel Summit this weekend (and I can't wait!).



No comments:

Post a Comment