Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween Decorations

I thought I might share a few pics of what my house is looking like lately. This is what I do instead of the dishes. (or laundry, or sew or garden)
Disclaimer; this is not an original idea of mine, I wish it was since I love it so. The decorating behind this look is pretty self explanatory. Empty and wash jar, fill with Halloween inspired candies, melt candle over jar. Easy huh? And Cheap! and awesome! Added benefit is that The lids are covered by wax, so you can not open them and eat it. I love the look of big hurricane jars filled with Halloween candy, but I would just eat it, so this is a great solution for me.
Makes for a very cute mantle piece. It looks great when all the candles are lit, but you have to put something under them, since the whole idea is for them to drip everywhere.


Here are a few other shots of Halloweeny things. Here are some pillow covers I made, no I do not put them all on the same couch, just did it for the sake of the picture. The witches hat was the easiest and I think stands out the most due to the large graphics.


This is a patchwork quilt Cadence actually made with her Grandma 2 years ago. She picked out the fabric and placed them where they wanted to be and then they sewed them together. I really like how it looks framed up by the entryway, makes me think something big needs to go there permanently.


And last but not least, an addition to my front door is this black feather boa wreath I made, from a foam wreath ring and a feather boa. Very easy yet again, are you catching on to the theme of my decor? I do have plans for bigger more complex things, like a series of witches hats that I make each one different and elaborate, but that is why it is still a plan. Anyway, enjoy the season, you know we are at my house!










No comments:

Post a Comment