Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween Party

Pete and I got invited to a Halloween Party, costumes required. That last bit alone, almost made us say no, partly because we didn't have a ton of time, I mean honestly who has a costume by Oct. 2? Well I guess we could have pulled something out of the box and done something, but for some reason I really wanted to have matching costumes. (Part of my Craziness?) Whatever, so my husband does not like to do anything halfway; the party by the way was a black lit poker night, so I suggested we go as skeletons then the bones would really glow. Too boring for my husband apparently - his idea was to be a garden gnome, funny yes, but I didn't want to be a gnome. So his second choice was to be Hades. So the following pictures are against my better judgement - I would really like to add that the no shirt part was 100% his idea. I designed the costume to be worn with a black shirt underneath, and he thought it looked weird or cheesy or something, so he says to me "It would be nice if I could just take my shirt off" I reply with "well yea it would be nice if you were all toned and tanned, but..." next thing I know he has no shirt on. I think he looked awesome though. He is wearing fake leather pants (I made them) and arm gauntlets - and you can not see but he has a little Greek headband thing with flames over the ears, very hard core. - I was a little upset over the lack of Greek mythology in America, but here is a quick summary, Hades; God of the underworld (he has a helmet of fire). His wife is....tada...

Persephone; Goddess of Spring. This is the myth of the seasons, Hades tricked Persephone and she went down to the underworld and ate 4 pomegranate seeds, thus the four seasons, Hades lets her out once in awhile, thus the oncoming of spring. World melts, yada yada yada.... Any who, This dress was not what I had designed on paper. Mind you there are no patterns for Hades and Persephone I made them up and guess what? I would get kicked off Project Runway. So whatever, I was not happy with the results, but oh well.

Stay tuned for pictures of Sushi becoming Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gates of the underworld.

1 comment:

  1. nice nips pete! Laura- James actually knew the name of the three headed dog and how to pronounce it What a nerd! -Lana

    ReplyDelete