Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Italian Chicken Bundles

I thought I would share one of our family's tried and true recipes. This is one of those go-to meals that is easy, delicious and looks way more impressive then it really is. You can imagine this with a yummy spinach salad and some garlic bread right? Well here is the recipe and then I will tell you what I change, then you can choose how you want to make it
Italian Chicken Bundles
1 1/2 C. skinless chicken breast cubed small
1 bunch green onion sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese grated
2 bunch. spinach steamed
8 oz. fat free ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
tomato sauce
10 egg roll wrappers

So since the recipe only calls for 10 wrappers and the package comes with like 20 - I immediately double the recipe. This recipe is also supposed to be low fat, I throw that out the window and use low fat ricotta cheese and I throw in 1-2 Cups of mozzarella cheese. Also I double the garlic amount (again I know) and then I use loads of fresh basil - if it is handy unlike how I have let it freeze again. If not I still throw in dried basil. Also I just use frozen spinach -

So instructions - Cook chicken and onion in oil on med. heat, brown the chicken and then add garlic for 1 min longer. Let the chicken cool and then combine with Parmesan (Save some to sprinkle - and use real cheese, not the dried flaky stuff) and the rest of the ingredients together. Then spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray stuff and then assemble your bundles like so...


You just fill each cup with the mix, close the flaps over the mix and then spray again to help keep closed and to add the crispiness to the top. Pretty huh? Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min. until browned and pretty and then serve with the spaghetti sauce of your choice. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment